Sunday, January 26, 2014

Temptation.

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

-1 Corinthians 10:13



Temptations....we all have them. Usually we have that one thing that really gets us, that is our hardest to overcome. For some its alcohol, others gambling...for me? Giving up....taking the easy way out. When things get hard I just want them to go away, I want it just to automatically be easier so that it will go away and I won't have to deal with it. That isn't what God wants for me...how am I ever supposed to sustain a marriage when all I want to do is give up when it gets hard?  Well...that is why I am here. Yes, I am learning Spanish and finishing my degree....but nothing is more important than the lesson that God is trying to teach me while I am here.  Perseverance. I must keep on keepin on. I know I can...I just have to do it....on my own (which is the hardest part).


So now that I know my temptations...how is it that I avoid them? Well, sometimes I can't avoid it...I just have to go through it. I can't give up...there is no possible way to give up on this. I paid 15 grand to be here...I will not waste it. I will not waste this opportunity. So this is how God pushes me...he puts me in a situation that I cannot give up on. I cannot give in to my temptation...and that is how I learn.


He knows what is best...and I must trust in Him.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Bree. We all love you & miss you but it is all soooo worth it.

    ReplyDelete