Sunday, January 12, 2014

Obedience.

Well, it has been just over a week and I finally have started a blog :P

I decided to start because I was thinking about starting my own little devotional thing, but I didn't want to have to get another notebook (I already have like three going with other things I'm keeping track of!). I want to let people know of things that I do while I am down here, but also I want them to see the Spiritual growth I am going through! So here we go!


Obedience...it's hard to be obedient sometimes, especially when God wants you to do things that are hard. Of course, for me that thing is being thousands of miles away from my family and friends and my boyfriend for four months.  Yes, I am having tons of fun and meeting a bunch of amazing new people, but sometimes when I am calming down for the night and have time to think...I get sad and lonely.  But something I must remember is that as long as I obey God and I continue to seek Him in everything I do, He will bless me and my trip.  I know that being away is hard, but I also know that it is something I need to do.  I need to become independent, I need to become my own person and depend on only God to get me through.  Slowly I am seeing God work on me in those areas, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me!


So, now that the serious portion of the entry is over...I have had such an amazing week so far. Except I haven't taken many pictures :/ oops. But that changes today! In like...2 hours we are leaving to go to a baseball game! I am so excited! My mom told me to make sure I keep hold of my camera though...because people are known to steal them! I guess what the strap is for! I'll post pictures when I can!

Dios Bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment