Saturday, January 25, 2014

Disappointment.

How am I supposed to not be disappointed when things don't go the way that makes me happy?  I am supposed to trust that God has something huge planned for me....something much better than any expectation I had.  But why is it so hard to just be content with it? Why is it so hard to take this time and use it to further God's kingdom...to use it for His glory?  Why is is so hard to trust that He is doing something wonderful?  I can't be disappointed, I can't be sad, because not everyone gets this opportunity. Not everyone can experience what I am experiencing.  I get to meet amazing new people and see my family and be away from the cold for a while....if I get to do all of those things....why is it so hard to not be sad? I'm trying. I'm praying. I'm doing my best...but I can't will myself to feel better.


I'm not giving up. I won't give up. I know it will get better...because this is God's plan.  He will provide. And sometimes you have to wait a while to get to the good stuff.


My devotional today says: "God says that all things work together for good to those that love God. That means that even our disappointments work toward something that is good for us. Perhaps God is teaching you how to come to Him when you feel disappointment or discouragement.  He may just be waiting for you to ask Him to show you what you need to do in your life from this point forward. If you are struggling with a disappointment, go to God in prayer and ask Him to help you.  He has sent us a comforter to help us through these difficult times.  Remember that He already has a plan for you and has worked everything out to your good.  Take joy in knowing that God is in control."

So that is what I must do.

No comments:

Post a Comment