Saturday, February 1, 2014

Patience.

When reading my devotional today I found myself puzzled.  I have begun to notice that my patience with people and grown.  Especially in my relationship I have found that my patience has been tried and I have grown in how patient I can be with Eric and whatever we are going through...but what is really puzzling, is the fact that my patience with God seems to be so weak.  I know God has great plans for me, I know he is doing things that I can't even begin to imagine and I know he is doing things in my relationships that is much needed for success, but somehow I don't seem to be content with waiting. I tell myself that I am, but when it comes down to it....I am extremely impatient.

So, now that I see this...what do I do? Well, I guess I pray...pray for God to give me patience...pray for God to ease my worries and to help me push the devil away from putting negative thoughts in my mind. Because that is exactly what it is...it is the devil putting those thoughts in my head to push me further away from God.  I can't let him win! I need to push through! Sometimes you just need to stop and say...out loud..."No, devil, you are not welcome here! God is here, God is in control, and I will not let you push me away from him!"



"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
-James 4:7

  












No comments:

Post a Comment