Sunday, April 13, 2014

Laziness.

Well, I was kind of on a brief hiatus.  It wasn't really bad...I wasn't straying from God or anything...I just wasn't really putting what I was learning out there.  I was kinda just being lazy.

I think the most important thing I have been learning in the past few weeks is to focus on now.  I have been getting really excited about going home and it has started to cloud my vision of now.  I have to remember that I have a lot of things to do here still.  I have 5 papers to write...well, 4 now...I have family here to visit, I have friends to spend time with that I may never see again, and I have this weather and this island to enjoy, because I have no idea when I will be able to come back.  God put me here for a reason, at this spot, on this day.  I can't just glide through this special day just looking forward to 18 days from now.  Yes, I can be excited to go home and see my family, and my boyfriend, and graduate from college. But right now God has me here, and here is where He wants my mind.

Another thing that I have been struggling with lately is laziness.  The weather has been getting hotter, and with the heat comes my wanting to just lay around under my fan and do nothing.  That is so unhealthy in many ways.  1. I have homework to get done! 2. I have friends to see, people to hang out with. 3. I need to spend time focusing on God, not laying in my bed watching movies/Boy Meets World all day.   I think getting out for the weekend and spending time with my family has definitely been helping.  I get to see people and do things other than watch movies.  This coming week is going to be hard for me because I have no classes, and I will want to just spend my time doing nothing, but I have to work on my final projects (5 papers and 3 presentations).  But I also have to remember to get out and do stuff, because working on my final projects is important, but I will go crazy if that is all I do all week!

So anyway, this was mostly just a rant on how I need to get off my butt.

I am so grateful for this experience that God has given me and what He has taught me through the last 3.5 months. I am sad to go, but I am happy to be going home.  I will forever have these 4 months and I will especially remember them as the time I got to spend getting closer to my amazing family.


God is good <3

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    your blog is very nice it is helpful to us so thanks for sharing this blog. we are providing same services so once please have a look our site and give some advices .
    Education Consultancy in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello your Blog is very nice it has good content its very helpful to us so thanks for sharing this article.
    Education Consultancy in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete